Our Commitment to Our Clients
"Since our firm's founding in 1971, our Associates have been guided by a fundamental professional commitment."
Phillips & Associates encourages the highest standards of professional performance in philanthropic fundraising management, and strives to raise both the standards and expectations for sound financial and organizational planning within the not-for-profit sector.
The following highlight accomplishments we are proud to have shared over the years with our clients as a result of that professional commitment, as well as some words from our clients.
A History of Service
Philanthropy is a major enterprise in America, and competition for support is
intense - competition for people's attention, time, and resources. As we look
back over our many years of service to philanthropy, Phillips & Associates is proud of the ways in which we have fulfilled our commitment to clients - a commitment to achieve clearly-articulated financial objectives through thoughtful planning and tailored fundraising approaches.
Not-For-Profit Organizations Served
Campaign Feasibility Studies Conducted
- Colleges and universities, both private and public.
- Secondary and elementary schools, both private and public.
- Performing arts centers, orchestras, opera companies, festivals, chorales
and repertory companies.
- Organizations devoted to youth and human services.
- Public broadcasting and environmental organizations.
- Health care and medical research.
- Museums, zoos, and botanic gardens.
Capital, Endowment and Special Project Campaigns
- 34% of our studies indicated clients were ready to proceed with a campaign, with a specific 'action plan' recommended.
- 63% of our studies recommended intensive campaign preparation, ranging in duration from 3 months to 18 months, in such key areas as campaign leadership development, organizational restructuring, major donor cultivation, and 'case' statement refinement.
- 3% or our studies recommended campaign alternatives such as strengthened annual giving, major gift initiatives, estate planned giving and constituency development.
Leadership Retreats, Seminars and Presentations
- 79% of our clients' campaigns reached their dollar goals within the
announced time period, ranging from 2 to 7 years.
- 18% of our clients' campaigns reached their dollar goals with required extensions to the announced time period ranging from 1 to 2 years.
- 3% of our clients' campaigns concluded prior to achieving their announced dollar goals.
- Over $3.7 billion in cash, confirmed pledges and irrevocable estate planned gifts have been received by our clients in campaign contributions and grant support.
Focusing in the Western United States
- 46 governing board and professional staff leadership retreats were planned and facilitated by our firm's Associates over the past 4 years.
- 53 volunteer and staff seminars were conducted over the past 5 years focusing on such topics as "Techniques of Personal Solicitation," "Developing Governing Board Leadership," "Key Elements of Capital Campaign Planning."
- 21 keynote addresses and topical presentations have been delivered by our firm's Associates at professional conferences and seminars over the past 6 years.
- 85% of our client assignments have been within California, Arizona, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
- We have accepted, and will continue to accept selectively, special client assignments in other areas of the United States.